A quick google usually brings up other blog posts like this one, so i dug around a bit and I can't find the exact origins but it is pretty much what it appears to be. Not an award as such but it is whatever you make of it, it's a way to share and discover new blogs. The only really difference with the rules seems to be that nowadays you bestow the award on blogs with fewer than 200 followers but originally that figure was 3,000. When the change occurred isn't clear.
Anyhoo, without further ado:
1 - The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2 - Each blogger must answer the questions of who nominates
3 - Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award and link all to your blog ...
4 - create five new questions for the bloggers selected.
5 - Go to their page and tell them about the award.
6 - Every blogger should publish five random facts about themselves
1. When did you start making craft, when did it all start? - It all began when a 4 year old mini me told my parents I wanted to be a heart attack when i grew up! this is me
2. Who has encouraged you to keep going? - I have a very supportive family, with equally creative relatives. My grandmother and my mother are probably my biggest supporters. Granny always seems to have a bag of bits put aside for me to use in projects.
3. Do you speak other languages? - Unless gibberish counts?! I do know some ISL (irish sign language) and single handed finger spelling as I'm deaf myself.
4. What's your favourite day of the week? - every day at wine o'clock! just kidding. I like my weekends and look forward to the chats on the etsy ireland team blog so Saturdays are good.
5. If you could, what would you change about this world? - if it was possible to wipe out disease I think that would be my first choice. Peace is something we can work on but disease is a harder thing to tackle. I might also make it mandatory that people have to throw glitter when they're 'feeling fabulous' ;)
Five other randomly random facts: I once rolled down a hill in an inflatable ball with water inside (good times), I love books by Terry Pratchett, My earliest memory is sleeping in a bed with a chipmunk headboard (i was 2), I didn't lose my hearing until I was 13, I'm a complete nerd (love me some x files, star trek, battlestar galactica, firefly etc)
My own questions:
1. What is your main interest and how long have you been a fan?
2. Your absolute favourite country to visit?
3. If you won the lottery what would you do?
4. Imagine that you were a pair of trousers, these trousers are to define and resemble who you are, for example I would look like a pair of discoball, hippy 70's paisley patterned flares. What would you look like?
5. What is your favourite website to visit?
And here .............. blogs I'm nominating are the Following (i recommend checking them out too):